Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Night Craze

It's Sunday night and I'm at the computer and sewing machine trying to finish the last of my orders from the last week. Making everything handmade with a sewing machine is fun, takes time but gives me something to look back at and say - "I made that" with a little pride.

We went to our family reunion today and we took prizes for the kids Chinese Auction. I took handmade items - a Wow wow wubbzy bag and a cute kids apron. Hearing all of the great compliments from family when they realized I'd actually made them was nice and made me want to get right back into my sewing nook and get back to work.

I'm hoping that this week I can get several more kids aprons sewn, and am actually thinking about trying my skills at a pillowcase dress or two. Who knows we'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment